Hochschule für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eberswalde


For studies in Germany you will need a visa for the purpose of studying which must be later converted into a longer-term residence permit. Citizens of the European Union, as well as citizens of a few other countries, may arrive without a visa. Students who are not citizens of the EU, the EEA and Switzerland but are allowed to enter without a visa must apply for a residence permit within three months for a stay longer than three months, for which proof of financing is required.

Be prepared to pay a visa fee. Please inquire beforehand about entry requirements for country.

University registration with a tourist visa is not possible.

Furthermore, enrolment at the HNEE is only possible with a valid visa or residence permit issued for studying at the Eberswalde University For Sustainable Development. If you already have a residence permit for a study programme at another university, please contact the responsible immigration office before applying to our university to discuss your change.

How to apply for a Visa?

After receiving the acknowledgement of receipt, start applying for a student applicant visa. We urge you to get in contact with the German Embassy as soon as possible, as processing times vary depending on the embassy or consulate. Therefore, please don't wait until you receive the final admission letter. If you are accepted, your applicant’s visa can be converted into a student residence permit in Germany.

For further information on current entry regulations and application forms consult the homepage of the Federal Foreign Office website at: www.auswaertiges-amt.de