Hochschule für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eberswalde


Application probably possible 1st of July! For applicants with german access quaification please follow this link: Bewerbung

At the end you will receive an overview of the documents that need to be uploaded.

These are:

  • Copies of your certificates university degree (Bachelor, Diploma, Engineer, Magister, or Master) qualifying one for a profession in one of the fields mentioned in the profile, which had a standard period of study of at least 6 semesters or a total of at least 180 ECTS credits.
  • Applicants with other bachelor's degrees related to sustainability can apply if they have acquired at least 18 ECTS credits in natural or ecological sciences.
  • Applicants with other degrees who have at least one year of relevant professional experience may also apply and have to upload a proof of at least one year of professional activity in related fields.
  • List of your educational and professional background (CV). Applicants who do not have a bachelor’s degree related to sustainability must be able to present and prove these scientific/ecological fundamentals (at least 18 ECT credits) in tabular form in an attachment to the application letter.
  • As the language of instruction is English, all applicants must demonstrate a good knowledge of English as a language requirement for admission. We would welcome European Framework of Reference with level C1 or equivalent qualifications, but recommend at least level B2 or equivalent. For an equivalent test, a copy of the corresponding language certificate must be submitted. Applicants that do not have a C1-level English language certificate or equivalent at the time of admission can be admitted if the head of the study programme approves. Proof of sufficient English knowledge must then be provided before registration for the second semester.
    ​​​​​​​Applicants whose native language is English in their home country do not need to submit an English language certificate. The country information of the Federal Foreign Office is used to check the mother tongue of a country. Graduates of English-language degree programmes and of the HNEE's "International Forest Ecosystem Management" (B.Sc.) programme also do not have to provide any further language certificates.

You will only send certified copies of the documents when you have received an admission and wish to enrol. You will find the necessary information in the letter of admission.

The application deadline is the 5th September. You will receive the acceptance or rejection relatively soon after receipt of your application.

Attention: Applicants with a foreign degree apply online at uni-assist e.V. and send their documents (certified copies of the certificates) there. Uni-assist checks the documents and forwards them to the HNEE. You do not have to apply to the HNEE! However, it is helpful if you briefly inform us that you have applied to uni-assist e.V. The examination at uni-assist e.V. will only take place after you have paid a processing fee. We recommend that you submit your application in April of the year in which you would like to start your studies.